WellConnect is looking for staff or volunteers from committed organizations to become trained leaders for an Evidence-Based Diabetes Self-Management Program.
Living Well with Diabetes is a six-week group workshop designed for people with type 2 diabetes. Participants learn techniques to deal with the symptoms of diabetes. The workshops are led by two trained leaders. Topics covered include:
- Setting goals and making a plan to improve your health
- Techniques to deal with issues such as fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, & depression
- Appropriate exercise for developing strength, flexibility & endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating effectively with family and health professionals
- Healthy Eating
The Leader Training will take place:
November 7, 8, 9, 10 2017
9:00am – 4:00pm
People’s Energy Cooperative, Oronoco, MN
Training is offered free of charge through funding from the Healthy Living As You Age initiative, in conjunction with the SE MN Area Agency on Aging and the Central MN Council on Aging.
Registration deadline is October 13, 2017
For questions, contact WellConnect at 507-251-3835